Sunday, September 01, 2013

Vystar Corporation (VYST) Bottom-Bouncing Like Rubber

Vystar Corporation (VYST) first came onto my radar over three years ago when another finance professional mentioned it to me.  I promptly forgot about it.  Revisiting it now reveals that I didn't miss very much.  The company makes an all-natural rubber latex.  No jokes on usage, please.  This blog maintains a family rating.

I'm not sure what to make of the management team's background.  The CEO has been in leadership roles at Vystar since at least 2005 and a background in health care would in theory help find a market for this material.  I don't know why a material designed with health care applications in mind would be of interest to balloon manufacturers.

The company has been losing money for three years straight and has increasingly negative retained earnings.  Read their 10-Q dated August 30, 2013.  Their full statement for the quarter shows $209K in cash on hand and a net loss for the quarter of -$659K.  The MDA admits going concern doubts due to lack of liquidity.  They seem to be unable to turn a profit and will need another capital raise to survive in the short term.  That means massive dilution for shareholders.

The stock was worth over a buck in July 2010, when I first noticed the company.  It now trades at seven cents.  Anyone who invested back then has lost almost everything they put in if they held on until now.  Vystar wasn't for me then and isn't for me now.

Full disclosure:  No position in VYST, ever.