Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Alpha-D Updates for 01/22/13

This update is so simple, even a Notre Dame graduate can understand it.  Yeah, I have a bad attitude toward my alma mater.  Go see my Yelp reviews for clarity.

I wrote covered calls on GDX.  I remain long GDX as a hedge against the early onset of high inflation, and I will begin rotating out of it and into other hard asset investments as inflation increases in severity.

I remain long FXA, FXC, and FXF as hedges against the eventual devaluation of the U.S. dollar.

None of the problems afflicting the West have been solved since 2008.  Financial systems remain unstable and sovereign indebtedness is the favorite addiction of just about every elected government.  I retain large cash holdings that I will deploy into equities when markets crash.