Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Updating the Alpha-D for April 2012

Here's my quick update.  My covered calls on FXI and GDX expired unexercised.  I renewed them.  My short puts under GDX hit their strike price and were exercised; I'm now the proud owner of more GDX.  I'm trying to keep my gold (GDX) allocation at about 7% of my net worth.

A couple of my California muni bonds are maturing soon and a couple more mature later this summer.  I will not replace them with more munis.  Like I've said before, things related to hard assets and forex are probably more suitable for me as asset protection tools.

I still have plenty of cash.  I am watching the renewed recessions in Spain and the UK with interest, wondering when their troubles will trigger the end of both the eurozone and the global equity bull market.